Sunday, March 25, 2012

Welcome!  This is my first official post.  I'm a 2/3rd grade reading, social studies and writing teacher.  Out school just started have teachers "specialize" this year.  At first I was total against it.  I had spent a lot of time creating a lot of cross circular activites that I loved and didn't want to give up :(  However, as the year has progressed I really see how great this is for both myself and the kids.  I also see a lot of room for improvement; but being my hardest critic I always do.

This blog is meant to be a reflection of changes I am trying to make in my own reading, social studies, and writing instruction within my classroom.  I hope you can find something useful in your own classroom, or help me make what I'm doing better.  As long as you can look past a few spelling errors and typos (if you can't then you probably won't like my blog lol).

It's also where I plan to share some of my favorite students stories that make me laugh, because lets face it, it's the laughs that get us teachers through even the roughest days.

I'n order to kick this blog off the way I would a school year I'm going to share some pictures of my favorite things.  I share these pictures with my class on the first day of school, they then end up on the front of my writing journal.  This is how our year-long journey begins!

My vicious Pitt-Bull and star of many stories I write for my class
Books!  I love to read and love to share that fact with my kids every chance I get!
My favorite Flower

GO BRONCOS!!!
I love to travel and the beach!
Cheerleading!  I am a coach of a successful cheerleading team (not UK, but they are our classroom's college this year)  My cheerleaders are also a very popular writing topic, at least for the girls!

Well thats all for now!




4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging Tabetha! i love your fur baby! I have 2 fur babies that are my blog helpers!

    I would love to follow you but you have no follow button. =(

    I'll stop by again! =)

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I don't know what I would do, or write about, without my Bugsy. lol He is a celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Tabetha - good for you...welcome to blogging. It is so much fun and a bit addicting. You will love it. I can't wait to hear all your ideas. I love how we can all collaborate. Have fun with it. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete